Triton Training Solutions, Austin, TX
We try to make our registrations as fair as possible. There are discounts for groups, veterans, full-time students, and unemployed candidates. We will often ask for verification of your status in order to avoid the unfortunate instances of students trying to claim discounted tickets that are limited in number for each class (and thereby taking them from others who deserve them). If you have any questions at all about our registration options and policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to understand Agile Development, the Scrum framework, and how both can be used to SUPERCHARGE your teams, your organization and your products, this is the class you NEED to attend. There are no prerequisites. If you are on a scrum team (or will be), managing a scrum team, working with a scrum team, or just thinking about whether or not Agile and Scrum can make the difference you're looking for, this class will give you the information you need to make those critical decisions about how to proceed.
If you want to change your career and make a new start in a challenging and rewarding field, being a ScrumMaster is the way to go! Register and join us for two-days packed with practical, useful, career-changing information delivered by a trainer and coach who knows what he or she is talking about!
Click on the registration link below and take the first step!
The Scrum Alliance sets the learning objectives for the Certified Scrum Master training, but it’s the trainer that makes the class both memorable and effective. Artisan has been providing Certified Scrum training since 2005 and has NEVER received a poor evaluation. Our instructors are highly professional and experienced trainers and coaches. We will do more than just teach Scrum to you; we’ll work to motivate and inspire you to use Scrum to its fullest extent. Don’t be fooled by large, lumbering Agile training companies that tell you that size allows them to innovate faster than everyone else. Just look at what some of our students have said:
- "Jim is a dynamic, personable, and energetic trainer. The depth of his knowledge and personal career experiences are inter-woven into the curriculum bringing it alive, which gets the class fully engaged in their own learning. I highly recommend any class taught by Jim!"
- "I took took the Scrum Master course with Jim. He is a great instructor, keeps his students very active and engaged. Jim made sure everyone thoroughly understood the concepts of Scrum.”
- "I'd highly recommend Agile/Scrum professional development and organizational transformation coaching from Jim. I recently had him as an instructor for my CSM class and really appreciated the fact that he focused on us becoming great agile practitioners rather than getting us to pass a test."
- "I recently took Jim's CSM class along with two of my colleagues to become Certified Scrum Masters. The two-day course was informative and real-world practical. As a trainer, Jim is enthusiastic and insightful. My colleagues and I just took our CSM exams and passed with flying colors thanks to Jim's instruction."
Sure, you’ll pass the test. But our training offers so much more!!! Through a combination of hands-on exercises and real-world stories, our students leave class ready to use Scrum to improve product development, product quality, and team productivity. Whether you are new to agile practices or a seasoned professional, you'll leave this course with steps that you can begin using immediately to start seeing real results.
The CSM Course is a 2 day class from 9AM-5PM, a light snack is served at 8:30AM and Lunch is provided mid-day.
What Is Included
- 2 Day CSM In-person course that includes hands-on exercises and a Scrum simulation using Legos(R)!
- Includes a light breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack provided on both days of training
- Includes Exam Fee for CSM Certification (2 attempts towards the CSM exam)
- 2 Year Membership to Scrum Alliance
- Online access to class materials even when they’re updated ... forever!
There is no required prior certificate, educational background, or work experience needed to participate in the CSM course, complete the exam, and receive certification.The Certified Scrum Master course is designed to introduce you to the basics of Scrum, and as such all backgrounds are welcome to join and achieve Scrum Master Certification.
The CSM exam is administered online and sent via email after attendance is recorded and reported by your Scrum Alliance Instructor. The link is sent 24-48 hours after class concludes. You have 90 day access to take the exam and 2 attempts towards passing. The exam is in multiple choice format and includes 50 questions. Once you begin taking the exam, you have exactly one hour in which to finish.
All cancellations or date changes must be made at least 10 days prior to the course start date or will be subject to a $150 late-move/cancellation fee. No-shows or same day move/cancellations are non-refundable.
By attending the 2 day CSM course you will earn 16 PDU/SEU that can be applied towards further educational goals. This class also satisfies 16 of the 21 training hours for the PMI/ACP certification.
About the Instructor
Jim Schiel is a Certified Scrum Trainer with a strong background in enterprise level Scrum installations and agile development in a regulated environment. Schiel worked at Siemens Health Services for 23 years, where he worked initially as a developer, then as a manager for 16 years, eventually playing the leading role in creating one of the largest Scrum software development implementations in the world. Starting in 2005, Jim pioneered the use of Scrum with his development teams and took on a coaching role, planning and executing the implementation of Scrum and XP practices across six products, seven development sites, and over 1,200 developers. As a business process engineer at Siemens, he helped identify, document, and implement best practices for the software development that maintained the organization's ISO-9001 certification and satisfied FDA medical device requirements.
Schiel is a “first-generation” Certified Scrum Trainer and has been training Scrum Masters since 2005. He received his initial Scrum Master certification from one of the co-founders of the Scrum method and was also certified as a trainer by the same individual. Jim has taught over 6,000 Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Scrum Teams from California to Finland. Jim has coached and consulted with some of the largest organizations in the world, both commercial and government agencies, including highly regulated environments, helping make Agile Development values and principles a reality.
Jim is the author of Enterprise-Scale Agile Software Development (2009) and The Scrum Master Study Guide (2011).
We do not share your personal information with anyone...ever! While you will receive a small number of emails after the class to inform you of other opportunities, you will have the option to opt-out at any time (though we REALLY hope you won't want to). At no time do we ever possess your credit card information.