Virtual, Chicago, Illinois
Take the next step in your ScrumMaster journey! Incorporate coaching and facilitation skills into your toolbox and become even more effective at creating high-performing, inspired teams that have fun creating high quality, amazing products that your customers love!
***Important to know for your virtual class***
- You’ll receive a link to the class about 3 days in advance of the beginning of the class.
- You’ll receive a copy of the student handbook by email about 3 days in advance…
- We start on time so it’s recommended that you connect early to make sure that you won’t have any problems with Zoom.
- Download the Zoom app (it works better than the web portal); update the Zoom app if you already downloaded it, they enhance it frequently these days
- Get yourself a comfortable and quiet place to work (standing or sitting, up to you).
- We will take breaks throughout the day to give you a moment to get away from your computer
As a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), you’ve been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You now understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey.
Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM℠) certification from Scrum Alliance®. The program is ideal for a Certified ScrumMaster who has one or more years of work experience in that role. Make no mistake, the Advanced CSM is NOT like the CSM! This rigorous program includes
self-study time with recommended reading, videos, quizzes, and forum discussions with other students and the instructor.
classroom time which is mostly hands-on simulations where you and your team have to solve common problems and learn from the other teams in the class.
face-to-face time (including by Skype, Zoom, or phone) with the instructor where we will explore not only what you will want to do next to improve, but also what's motivating you to take on the real challenge of team leadership as a ScrumMaster.
When you leave this course, how you see the ScrumMaster role will be changed forever.
Through the A-CSM program, you'll learn to:
Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
Explain the value of Scrum and Agile processes to skeptics.
Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Most importantly, by receiving the A-CSM certification, you will improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and keep your team on the right track.
- If you need to cancel within ten calendar days of the class, there is no refund. However, you may substitute another person to take your place in the class. Or, for a $250 fee, you can transfer to a future Artisan Agility training event. For a schedule of future workshops, please click here.
- No-shows are non-refundable.
- If you attend the course, but decide by 12pm of the first day of the event that the course is not satisfactory, you are entitled to leave the course with a full refund of all registration fees provided that you 1) leave all course materials in the room and 2) let us know why the course did not meet with your satisfaction.
- In the event that a situation beyond our control forces a cancellation, we will notify you through the contact information you provide with your registration and issue a full refund of any fees paid.